We are excited to bring you Channels for Circa. Now you can create or join a channel based topics you love. Imagine participating in channel based on your class, major, dorm, or hobby. Joining a channel allows you to talk with students with similar interests and discuss related topics.
Public channel – Conversations inside are visible to everyone on Circa within 25 miles (40 km) of where the channel was created.
Private channel – Are discoverable by anyone within 25 miles (40 km.), but users will not see the conversations until the channel creator approves a user’s request to join.
How to create a channel
1. Tap “Channels” in the bottom bar
2. Tap the “+” icon
3. Name your channel
4. Enter your channel handle (Your handle allows users to search in the future)
5. Describe your channel (e.g., purpose, who should join)
6. Select public or private channel
7. Add an image that illustrates what your channel’s character
How to join a channel
- Tap “Channels” in the bottom bar
- Locate a channel you would like to join
- Tap “Join” on the channel or when viewing a public channel*
*If the channel is private, the join button will change to “Pending” until the channel admin approves your request.
How to create a post in a channel
- Tap “Create” in the tab bar
- Tap the drop down button
- Select the channel you want to post in
- Add text and photo (optional)
- Tap “Post” when finished
A channel for us all - Circa channel
We are creating a Circa channel visible to everyone. We want to know what you are up to and discuss your Circa experience. Do not be alarmed when you see the Circa channel, no matter where you open Circa.
Circa was built by Daniel Davidson and Eli Yazdi
If you love Circa, a review on App Store is appreciated.